Hellenic Foundation Holds Annual Meeting
HELLENIC FOUNDATION OF CHICAGO HOLDS ANNUAL MEETING
HELLENIC FOUNDATION BEGINS YEARLY DISTRIBUTION OF GRANT FUNDING TO
CHICAGO GREEK ORTHODOX COMMUNITY ORGANIZATIONS
CHICAGO, IL: The Hellenic Foundation of Chicago held their Annual Meeting on Tuesday, December 13. The yearly meeting, attended by many of the Chicago Greek Media Outlets, was significant as the foundation choose this meeting to award Grant Funding to Greek Orthodox Organizations throughout the Chicago area. This marked the first year for such Grant Funding from the Hellenic Foundation, something they will drive to make a yearly event.
The funding for these Grants came from the profits of their investments, which as they grow from year to year will allow the Hellenic Foundation to distribute more Grant Funding. This first year the foundation awarded over $185,000 to seven outstanding Greek Orthodox Organizations.
- St Iakovos Retreat Center received a grant for the funding of a Program Director position
- St John the Baptist Greek Orthodox Church’s Guardian Angel Orthodox Day School and Pythagoras Greek School received a grant for Technology Upgrades at both schools
- Asia Minor and Pontos Hellenic Research Center received a grant to fund a documentary of national television quality concerning the Pontic Genocide
- Greek American Rehabilitation and Care Center received a grant to upgrade their dining facilities, replacing trays and a cafeteria feel with fine china plates and stemware and a restaurant feel
- Hellenic Legal Assistance Services received a grant to assist with their monthly free legal assistance clinics
- PanHellenic Scholarship Foundation received a grant to add an additional scholarship opportunity
- National Hellenic Museum received a grant to fund additionally children field trips to the facility
More information on the Hellenic Foundation and next year’s Grant Program can be found on their website at www.HellinicFoundation.org.