2021 LIGHTHOUSE REGISTRATION
When Orthodox young people make the transition to college life, they face a myriad of spiritual, social, mental and health-related challenges. Lighthouse is a week-long summer camp ministry of the Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Chicago designed to walk high school senior grads through an Orthodox understanding of vocation and arm them with the tools they need to hold fast to their faith during their college years.
The Metropolis’ Summer Camp programs accepts campers between their 6th grade and 11th grade years in middle school and high school but does not accept high-school seniors. Currently, there is no ministry serving high-school seniors with the aim of preparing them for college. Lighthouse will be that ministry.
- Gain confidence in the sense of self as an Orthodox Christian
- Identify and reflect on your God-given strengths
- Articulate and better understand the primary beliefs of the Orthodox Faith
- Engage in discussions about cultural issues such as relationships, identity, self-control, and love
- Experience the Orthodox Christian ethos of community, service to God & neighbor, missions
- Leave with an extended Orthodox family of peers, clergy, and laypeople whom they can rely on and call upon throughout their college years and beyond
|Lighthouse is a summer camp ministry for Orthodox high school seniors offered by the Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Chicago, administered by Orthodox clergy and laypeople who work with campers to prepare them in a Christ-centered way for the social, emotional, practical, and spiritual challenges they will face in college.|
To foster campers’ authentic engagement, commitment, community, and involvement as Orthodox Christians throughout their college years and beyond.
SUMMER CAMP 2021 INFORMATION
Lighthouse will be a week-long summer camp that will help high school seniors build a stronger sense of their identity and allow them to form relationships they need to transition into the next phase of their life - adulthood.
- 2021 Camp Dates: Saturday, June 26, 2021 - Saturday, July 3, 2021
College Campus Location
With an emphasis on learning and academic exploration, a college campus will help establish the right atmosphere conducive to learning. Campers will stay at Marquette University located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, to gain experience in a college setting that respects our campers and will signal that Lighthouse treats them as the growing young adults that they are.
Marquette University is a private Catholic and Jesuit institution that provides the facilities, including classrooms, gyms, chapels a cafeteria and more that are critical to running the summer program. Explore Marquette >>
How to Register
Regular Registration Open Until 5/7! Limited spots available.
Registration is open to high school seniors from all canonical Orthodox jurisdictions.
- (SOLD-OUT) Early Bird Registration ($425): February 17, 2021 to March 3, 2021
- Regular Registration ($525): March 4, 2021 to May 7, 2021
- Late Registration ($625): May 8, 2021 to May 22, 2021
The registration link will take you to CampDoc, a third party site that safely houses all of your information. New Users: please create a new account and register your child for the “Lighthouse Camp” session. Fanari Camp Parents: please log in to your existing account and register for Lighthouse, as you would for any other week of Fanari Camp.
If you have any issues with registration, please don’t hesitate to contact the youth office at [email protected] or call 312-736-2285.
Lighthouse Camp’s inaugural session has been generously supported by the Hellenic Foundation Chicago and other anynomous donors. Without their support, this year’s session would not be possible.