With the growing concern regarding Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19), below are parish resources, preventative information, communication updates and important links. To learn more about the outbreak of the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and its symptoms, prevention & treatment, testing, and more, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Angels of Hope: COVID-19 Community-Relief Dinner Program
Community Care Program for Seniors
If you or a loved one is a senior in need of in-home caregiving services, please consider whether you qualify for free services through the Community Care Program established by the Illinois Department on Aging. To learn more about the program or to apply for benefits, call the Senior Help Line at the Department on Aging at 1-800-252-8966 or visit www2.illinois.gov\aging.
The Hellenic Foundation, which has served the Greek American senior community for decades, has bilingual staff members who are able to answer general questions about the Community Care Program. For more information, please call 773-631-5222 Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or visit www.hellenicfoundation.org/community-care-program.
The COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in job losses, furloughs and layoffs for many in our community. The Metropolis has endeavored to partner with employers and businesses to offer our parishioners employment opportunities to help them through this crisis. We invite parishioners who can offer, or are aware of, job openings to contact us so that we may consider sharing them on this page.
Another helpful resource is LinkedIn’s Learning Path “Finding a Job During Challenging Economic Times,” a series of videos on how to create a recovery plan, cultivate resilience, explore career options, update your resume, network virtually, and improve your job search and interview skills.
Submit a Job or Assistance Opportunity
Employers and businesses are invited to partner with the Metropolis to offer employment opportunities and humanitarian assistance to our community. Please submit the form below to be considered.
Note: If the service or job opportunity is still available past the expiration date listed, please resubmit the form after the listing has expired.
Latest Video Messages
Navigating the COVID-19 Crisis and Its Implications on Our Metropolis
Metropolitan Nathanael moderates a discussion with health care, public health and law enforcement from professionals on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Thank you to the following guests for participating and for their work to fight this crisis:
- Demetrios N. Kyriacou, MD, PhD - Emergency physician. Epidemiologist and Professor of Emergency Medicine and Preventive Medicine at Northwestern University; Attending Physician at Northwestern Memorial Hospital; and Associate Editor for the Journal of the American Medical Association
- George Chiampas, DO, CAQSM, FACEP - Assistant Professor, Departments of Emergency Medicine and Orthopaedic Surgery; Medical Director, Community and Sports Event Preparedness Management; and Director of CCARES at Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine.
- Chris Costas, MD - Infectious Diseases at Howard Brown Health
- Steve Georgas - Deputy Chief at the Chicago Police Department
- Angelo Costas - Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine at Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine
- Dr. Regina Stein - Associate Professor of Hematology-Oncology at Northwestern University and Northwestern Medicine