The Assembly provides an environment in which our clergymen and lay representatives can come together in worship and fellowship to exchange knowledge and ideas, share best practices and, ultimately, make informed decisions that benefit and further the mission of the Metropolis.
Registration is now open for the 2021 Clergy-Laity Assembly. To attend, please register no later than Monday, September 20, 2021 by clicking the button below.
Registration Types and Fees:
- Full (includes meals, events and conference materials): $400.00 per person through August 1st | $450.00 per person after August 1st
- Presvyteres and Retired Clergy (includes meals, events and conference materials): $350.00 per person through August 1st | $400.00 per person after August 1st
- Observer With Selected Meals and Events: A la carte pricing
- Observer With Full Meals and Events: $400.00 per person through August 1st | $450.00 per person after August 1st
- Observer Without Meals or Events: $50.00 per person
Important Note to Proistamenoi and Philoptochos Chapter Presidents:
Please submit a completed and fully signed copy of the following forms with your registration:
Parish Delegate Verification Form - (Proistamenoi Only)
Philopotchos Delegate Verification Form - (Philoptochos Chapter Presidents Only)
Please have this form fully prepared and scanned before you begin the online registration process, so that you can upload it with your registration.
For the health and protection of all attendees, our 2021 Assembly will be observing the following COVID-19 protocols, which are consistent with CDC guidelines, local regulations and hotel requirements. We ask that all attendees read and observe these protocols so that we can all enjoy an in-person event.
All attendees (clergy, delegates, observers, and other guests) of the Clergy-Laity Assembly are required to observe the following, irrespective of one’s vaccination status:
- Wear a facemask covering the nose and mouth at all times (except when eating or drinking) while in attendance at an Assembly meeting or event.
- Obtain a negative COVID-19 diagnostic test within 48-hours before arrival at the hotel. Upon arrival at the hotel, printed proof of a negative result must be presented to those facilitating registration. Please note that the Metropolis will not retain copies of test results. Attendees who fail to bring their test result to the Assembly will be offered the opportunity of procuring a Rapid Test at a testing facility near the Hilton Ballpark Hotel.
- Guests who are under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult, and those age 2 and older must present printed proof of a negative COVID-19 diagnostic test result.
Special instructions for attendees who have tested positive for COVID since July 9, 2021 - which is 90 days prior to the Assembly:
The Metropolis recognizes the concern of individuals planning to attend the 2021 Clergy Laity Assembly who have recovered from COVID-19, but may produce a false-positive COVID-19 test.
- Previously positive/recovered individuals do NOT need to be tested if the positive test is dated on or after Friday, July 9, 2021.
- If the positive test is dated on or after July 9, 2021, the individual must present a copy of the positive test dated July 9, 2021 or later to those facilitating registration AND meet the following symptom-based criteria:
- It has been more than 10 days since the individual’s symptoms began;
- The individual has been fever-free for more than 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medications; and
- Other COVID-19 symptoms have improved.
- If the positive test is dated prior to July 9, 2021, the individual must follow the regular Clergy-Laity COVID-19 protocols announced by the Metropolis—namely, the person must obtain a negative COVID-19 diagnostic test within 48-hours before arrival at the hotel. Upon arrival at the hotel, printed proof of a negative result must be presented to those facilitating registration.
Please note that the Metropolis will not retain copies of test results. Requiring a negative COVID-19 test result and the use of a facemask are small but important measures that help maintain the dignity of each person and the overall health and safety of all attending our Clergy-Laity Assembly. There will be no exceptions to these policies.
A block of rooms has been reserved at a group rate from October 5 - 10, 2021 at the Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark, located at 1 South Broadway, Saint Louis, Missouri, 63102. Click on "Book a Room" below to reserve your stay.
- Group Name: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Chicago
- Group Code: GOM
We respectfully invite you to consider becoming a sponsor of the Clergy-Laity Assembly. We have set the registration fee at a reasonable level to help alleviate any financial barriers to attendance. Your gift will help us defray the overall costs of our important event, and ensure that our people will be offered a unique opportunity to gather together and support one another in Christ—the Gateway to Life.
Sponsorships are still being accepted and welcome at anytime. If you want your sponsorship to appear in Clergy-Laity Assembly materials, please submit your sponsorship by Friday, September 17, 2021.
Each parish is asked to nominate lay members for the Archdiocesan Council, Metropolis Council, and Metropolis Audit Committee. If you have received your parish’s signed nomination, please review the Nomination Process Guideline. Once you have read the Guideline, please review the Nomination Acceptance Process, described here, collect your supporting documentation, and then begin the on-line nomination process.
Nominations are now closed. Please revisit this page at a later time to meet our nominees.
2021 CLERGY-LAITY COMMITTEE
His Eminence Metropolitan Nathanael
His Grace Bishop Timothy of Hexamilion
Vicki Karl, Metropolis Executive Director
Father Douglas Papulis, Co-host Parish Priest, St. Nicholas - St. Louis, MO
Father Achilles Karathanos, Co-host Parish Priest, SS. Constantine & Helen - Swansea, IL
Father Michael Arbanas, Co-host Parish Priest, St. Nicholas - St. Louis, MO
Father Michael Monos, Parish Priest, St. Luke the Evangelist - Columbia, MO
Helen Carey, Co-chair, St. Nicholas - St. Louis, MO
Carol Kamburis, Co-chair, St. Nicholas - St. Louis, MO
John Siampos, Co-host Parish, SS. Constantine & Helen - Swansea, IL
Father Dimitri Tobias, Member, Metropolis Council
James Lakerdas, Member, Metropolis Council
Mark Dinos, Member, Metropolis Council
2019 CLERGY-LAITY RECAP